Seven ATE Nine

Pam is not at all happy with the Face book culture. It has snatched away the crown of an ideal daughter in law from her which she had been carrying with grace and guts since nine years of her marriage. Her sister in law cum competitor, Leena came in the family after the two years of her marriage and was constantly trying to impress mom in law. In the span of seven years she managed to reserve an adorable image in every mind, but was a little less than Pam.

The previous day Pam attended a hen party hosted by her best friend Jia, she had to drape herself in a completely stylish evening gown according to the party theme. As it was provided by Jia at the last moment, the choice option for Pam was none.  Firstly, she hesitated to wear the strapless gown but finally she gathered all her guts and rolled in the fun. Back home she was again a normal household person looking after everyone’s needs.

But this time something unusual happened.

Bingo! Her younger sister in law, Leena hit the bull’s eye without shooting. One of her Face Book friends attended that party as a guest member and now she had the pictures of her competitor, Pam posing as a model. A blessing in disguise!

In the evening on the 52 “LED TV Leena showed all the pictures of Pam to the mother in law, as a wonderful surprise. She was admiring the photos exuberantly. Mother in law was awestruck. Pam was speechless.

‘Mom, do you know why 6 is afraid of 7? seven years old Nick asked.

‘No’ Pam knew but she wanted him to win.

‘Because 7 ate(8) 9’ laughing loudly he ran to share with others.

‘You are right dear, 7 ate 9’ she murmured.

No one did wrong, she assumes…but finally she was not happy…

Do you feel the same?

This post is written for Write Tribe Festival of Words – Day 4

Write Tribe

1. Whose son is Nick? I was a bit confused here. Sorry but I couldn’t get the last bit.

Joy always,
    Susan

Thanks for dropping by….
      He is Pam’s son
      The last portion is tricky and humorous Q&A which relates well with her present situation.
      Hope you will enjoy well through a second reading 🙂
      All the best

2. Rekha says:

Ney, she couldn’t be the loser. The mom-in-law might be wondering, “Aila, where did she hide her beauty and elegance for so long?” Don’t you think so? 😀

A well-written one quoting the disadvantage of FB. 🙂

I agree with your opinion completely….Thank you Rekha

3. sugandha118 says:

Well i know very well about that disadvantage of facebook…it is not technically wrong that we are doing but at times i like to hide my private life from people who are more interested in length of my shorts than their work.

Very true Sugandha….this is the fact

4. chsuresh63 says:

I thought the same as Rekha too – but in that case 9 would have eaten seven right? 🙂

Here lies the point….you right Suresh….thank you

5. meenamenon says:

Maybe she should thank Leena for getting her out of the closet after so many years 🙂

A much positive way to avoid her embarrassment…good thought….thanks

6. Say Cheese says:

Lovely narration. Nine didn’t realise that seven is in ambush.

Exactly…7’s ambush flipped 9’s image within few seconds…..thanks a lot

7. Kathy says:

This was a fun narration and I loved the ending where 7 8 9! It reminded me of when my daughter came home from school years back bursting to share this joke she learned from friends at school. Thank you for the smiles today!

Same was in my case where my son came up with this joke….Thanks for stopping by…and giving lively comments

8. Fun post. Though I got confused towards the en but I feel Pam cannot be the loser:)

True Pam is not a loser…she was popular due to her inner qualities…
      thanks

1. That’s why he’s not and totally rocks.imabsolutely love her character coz she’s herself:)

9. Good narration! I liked it 🙂

10. subzeroricha says:

lol I would want to tell you that the last bit was tricky but thanks to people’s comments I could get it finally 😀

Richa

Yeah dear ..I think 789 joke is not a common one therefore it was a bit difficult to make out…………. 🙂

11. Anu Dev says:

I was confused with story but finally figured-out.Yes FB has its drawbacks but it sure has some good points as well like reminding birthdays of our besties. & saving us from getting killed….;)

12. sheethalsusan says:

Was confused! Like Richa said, comments helped me too!

Yeah 789 joke doesn’t seem to be a popular one i believe… 🙂

13. Suzy says:

Sometimes what seems like a disaster is a blessing in disguise. And perhaps 9 will eat 7 too. Nice one.

Yeah….most of the opinions say this……thanks Suzy

14. Karan Shah says:

the problems of fb and the relation of Q&A to the situation was very well scripted…but i felt the surprise or shock value could have also back fired on Leena and may well have worked for Pam…just a thought

you can check my post here –
    Karan – Sisters

All thoughts welcome…….very well said
      Thanks Karan