The forgetful princess

Write tribe- Festival of words- #3

Day 1 post – a 9-sentence fiction

?????????????????It was a complete new experience for me, a new world of relationships and feelings made me a little scared that how am I  going to manage all that in my new home. Every girl has to go through this after entering the matrimony, but in my case I felt a little tough as I was an overly pampered child by my parents and brothers.

The first morning in my new home (a lovely joint family) seemed to be like a show, where I was the center of attraction, all the experienced eyes were set on me and I had to perform according to the norms set for an ideal bride. So many tasks and just one me; I tried to spread myself thin and the result was a lot of mess. My lovely mom in law without criticizing me handled the situation and favored me for being a naive or inexperienced or sometimes forgetful… Ah! FORGETFUL… that sounded a savior  expression for my new life.

I wanted to lean on that to lead a relaxed married life, and  somehow I proved them that I am a real forgetful person and was quite happy that some shortcomings in my daily  schedule would be obscured by  my catch phrase, ‘ oh my forgetfulness’! Though I am a very sharp person, at that time to tackle the situation I got myself trapped in such circumstances that now people in my family started taking advantage of my forgetfulness (which does not exist).

I know that now they are playing with me, but I can’t say anything because I started the game and I have to be on the ground just for the sake of that game. Now I have planned to get rid of my own created trap and prove to my family that I am eating almonds and doing exercises to sharpen my memory…. coz I really want to be free of this never existing forgetfulness.

This post is the part of:

I'm taking part in the Write Tribe Festival of Words -3
Picture courtesy: Google Images

1. Suzy Que says:

This must often be the case for many new brides. An understanding MIL would certainly help.

2. shailajav says:

Good thing she had her mother-in-law’s support. Most cases, that doesn’t happen straight off the bat.

3. Jyothi Nair says:

Aha… it is like a foot in mouth situation. A boomerang of sorts. 🙂

4. haha… this was a really good one. I guess this must be a reality for many new brides… saying something once to avoid an embarrassing moment once and then being forced to hold on to that image to ensure you are not proven a liar.

5. KP says:

Haha.That was all your making and good that you are using another ruse of almonds and all to get out your creation.I liked the story.

6. obsessivemom says:

Heh heh.. so she was caught in her own trap.

7. pixie says:

its good her MIL is nice and cooperative.. It helps ease the tension
    All a new bride needs is a acceptance, respect and some love.. 🙂

8. A very imaginative use of Almonds, this is 🙂 🙂 Lovely 🙂 A young new bride’s confusions and her way out of a self-created snug hole 🙂

9. You’ve touched a chord, because I’ve this exact problem with my memory too. It’s hard when people cannot empathize and simply expect you to

1. not make any mistakes! Sorry for the two part comment! Make a mistake by clicking too fast!

10. Oh…weaving a dangerous web and getting caught in it! Kinda like the boy who cried wolf huh? Nice story Shellymona! 🙂

11. Kajal says:

That’s a nice story. Made me smile. You know most times I feel it does not happen that someone would get that kind of support, though. Nevertheless, that made me smile!

12. Usha Menon says:

Hi Sheela. The story seems so real. A new bride is the center of observation in her in law’s house. The one unintential mistake!! And she has to stand by it.

13. Ha haa!!! Funny one that was. Poor girl. From where I come, you know, a newly married girl would be ostracized for being forgetful, and instead of being pardoned or let off the hook, that would become one of the bones of contention. So, your post made me shiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!

14. Love the evil mind of the new girl beating them at their own game. Still, I feel a new person should be given enough time to adjust to the new surrounding.

15. Poor girl, she didn’t think it through and now needs to undo her deed 🙂 Nice to see her mother-in-law supported her.

16. hahaha…..caught in her own web, poor lady! 🙂
    But I have to agree, the bride has to go through a lot to overcome the feelings of leaving her own home & then adjust in her new home…..one journey it is! 😦

LOL @ the poor bride, caught in her own trap! Very realistic and interesting story! 🙂