A child miseducated is a child lost (John F. Kennedy).
Accolades and applause may be alluring, but for an educator his/her job of building the foundation of our coming generations is award winning in itself. According to me, a studen’t progress as a learner and as human being is the best reward a teacher can ever receive.
I am an educator by profession, but if I ask my heart it wants to be a lifelong learner. In other words my head teaches and my heart learns and this has proved to be a great combination which is leading me continuously towards being a 21st century teacher and keeping alive my aspiration.
Appreciating the educators, who taught me and guided me during my educational or professional period, is a way of paying forward because I’ve learnt a lot from them, and at this point of time, I want to share some of my experiences to keep up the aspiration of those teachers who are towards their goal of educating their learners.Some helpful tips for a 21st century educator
- Integrate different approaches in your teaching and plan your lessons according to your class requirements.
- Your lesson plan should be attention captivating.
- Have warm ups, fillers and a backup plan ready at hand.
- The atmosphere in your classroom should be friendly and disciplined.
- Your teaching should be flexible enough to welcome changes, newness and spontaneity when needed.
- Feedback of your teaching helps you to develop further.
- Consider your present or previous workplaces as the school of your experiential learning.
- Attending Professional Development Workshops enhances a teacher’s capability to do more creative. After all learning is a lifelong process.
- Use technology as a device to lessen your hefty tasks.
- Believe that failure is an event not a person, so take your or your learner’s failure positively.
- Sharing means caring (share your work with your colleagues and co workers, that’s going to make you an expert)
- Count your strengths, you will overcome your weaknesses by being a learner.
- When you feel demotivated while doing something, do not carry on…take a break do something else (totally different), then return back to your previous task…you will feel re-energized… TRY IT OUT.
I am a teacher, and I believe in educating my students instead of simply teaching them. Our students are the promising generation that can fulfil our dreams of an ideal world.
A pinch of Pollyannaism
Motivation is changing ones life by changing its thinking…
This post is written for- Blogging from A-Z Challenge (April 2014)