Aspiring Teachers

eis

A child miseducated is a child lost (John F. Kennedy).

Accolades and applause may be alluring, but for an educator his/her job of building the foundation of our coming generations is award winning in itself. According to me, a studen’t progress as a learner and as human being is the best reward a teacher can ever receive.

I am an educator by profession, but if I ask my heart it wants to be a lifelong learner. In other words my head teaches and my heart learns and this has proved to be a great combination which is leading me continuously towards being a 21st century teacher and keeping alive my aspiration.

Appreciating the educators, who  taught me and guided me during my educational  or professional period, is a way of  paying forward because I’ve learnt a lot from them, and at this point of time, I want to share some of my experiences to keep up the aspiration of those teachers who are towards their goal of educating their learners.

Some helpful tips for a 21st century educator923525_10152292974200435_1371273016_n

1. Integrate different approaches in your teaching and plan your lessons according to your class requirements.
  2. Your lesson plan should be attention captivating.
  3. Have warm ups, fillers and a backup plan ready at hand.
  4. The atmosphere in your classroom should be friendly and disciplined.
  5. Your teaching should be flexible enough to welcome changes, newness and spontaneity when needed.
  6. Feedback of your teaching helps you to develop further.
  7. Consider your present or previous workplaces as the school of your experiential learning.
  8. Attending Professional Development Workshops enhances a teacher’s capability to do more creative. After all learning is a lifelong process.
  1. Introspection.
  2. Use technology as a device to lessen your hefty tasks.1521733_10152137326235435_1276566177_n
  3. Believe that failure is an event not a person, so take your or your learner’s failure positively.
  4. Sharing means caring (share your work with your colleagues and co workers, that’s going to make you an expert)
  5. Count your strengths, you will overcome your weaknesses by being a learner.
  6. When you feel demotivated while doing something, do not carry on…take a break do something else (totally different), then return back to your previous task…you will feel re-energized… TRY IT OUT.

I am a teacher, and I believe in educating my students instead of simply teaching them. Our students are the promising generation that can fulfill our dreams of an ideal world.

An example of aspiring teacher which was shared by Corinne of ‘Everyday Gyan‘ inspired me a lot…
http://writetribe.com/childrens-future-india/  Check it out…

childrens_india2

Happy Teaching!

A pinch of Pollyannaism

Motivation is changing ones life by changing its thinking…

This post is written for- Blogging from A-Z Challenge (April 2014)

1. nabanita says:

I wish more and more teachers felt this way….Very, very important post!

Very true….Let’s hope for the best…
      Thanks very much….
      Happy Blogging!

2. Beloo Mehra says:

A very nice post, Sheela. It is nice to see a post dedicated to teachers. I am doing a theme on Indian education for this A-Z challenge and am planning a few posts related to teachers. Hope you will find them helpful in some way 🙂

Wow! that’s a great news….will look forward for those posts…..thanks a lot!

3. Rajlakshmi says:

I could remember just handful of teachers who did what you have mentioned, I wish more educators think this way.

Thanks for such an encouraging comment and I hope the same as you do….

4. sunila says:

Good post Shellymona 🙂 I’m a lecturer and yoga teacher cum writer cum multi-other stuff and your posts applies to everything. Have a great blog journey 🙂

Great Sunila you are an all rounder! Thanks very much….the same to you…

5. I know how close this is to your heart, Shelly. Great choice of topic. And Eli is so inspiring, is she not? 🙂

You’re right Corinne! yeah Eli’s aspiration inspired me a lot and I wish many more of us to work in this direction too…..thanks a lot

6. meenamenon says:

Teaching must one of the most underrated professions… I dono if we relaise future of India lies in the hands of our teachers….

Let us hope all the good for our future India…thanks a lot

7. Danny Simon says:

Only if all teachers would do their jobs with that perspective instead of money and their careers! Lovely!

8. Jean says:

Inspiring a child to a life of lifelong learning will open many doors.

Jean, visiting for the A-Z Challenge from Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer

Very true…..this is definitely going to make our world a better place….thanks for commenting

9. Lura says:

Hello from a fellow A to Z blogger. As a retired teacher I could not agree with you more. In my teaching career I was blessed to teach a wide range of students including preschool, high school and college ages. At the university I taught in the teacher prep department. I wish I could have had a copy of your blog to give them. Well done!

Good to hear about your teaching career…my post is dedicated to the teachers like you who teach us to educate students instead of simply teaching them. Thanks for the comments…

10. S(t)ri says:

Such a brilliant topic! Teachers are a great inspiration!!!

Very true Sri….thanks a lot

11. Ananya Kiran says:

So true Teachers play a major role than they realize.

Yes Ananya…. they are the ones who can influence their students to follow the right path…..thanks a lot