Eternal Empire #AtoZChallenge

Coffee Time Tales- Fiction 55/drabble

Jay is nothing without his wife Rhea.

Rhea, besides being a devoted wife and a loving mother of two teenagers, is the backbone of the whole household. Her home seems like a paradise on earth.

Two years back this paradise was mine…only mine; I was the soul of this family. How fast things change in this world? But I am too glad for my family which is as happy with her as it used to be with me.

Rhea my sweet little sister sacrificed her young dreams by marrying an elderly widower to fulfill her elder sister’s promises and responsibilities.

My Theme is Coffee Time Tales- Fiction 55/drabble
We all are story lovers and more than that we love to understand the emotions and feelings hidden behind those stories.
All stories carry a message, but how that message works in everyone’s life is yet another story!
Click HERE for more information about A-Z Challenge

Ah! She filled the tall shoes of her elder sister beautifully!

True, it takes courage to do so. Thanks Shilpa

2. swathishenoy says:

Difficult to take up that role but she must have taken it up for her sister. Never saw that coming!!

Exams

I’ve heard that such arrangement was in practice few decades ago. Very difficult to take up that role. Thanks for the comment.

3. Stella says:

So touching! Rhea’s sacrifice held back the whole family of her deceased sister. Lovely

yes her sacrifice has given eternal peace to her elder sister. Thank you.

4. Reminded me of a real life story: my maid did the same and took care of her sister’s then young children and still does even after the death of her husband.
    Celebrating ‘Women & their work’ all April: E for An Education for all

Yes, I’ve heard that this was a common practice for the sake of kids. Thanks