Inner Imposter #AtoZChallenge

Coffee Time Tales- Fiction 55/drabble

Everyone thinks it’s a great leap of her career and luck, but she is surrounded with doubts!

Based on her past performance she has got the position of a ‘zonal manager’, and has to join her new office abroad.

So what’s restraining her delight?

Imposter syndrome in her rose its head, and laughed a devilish laugh.

My Theme is Coffee Time Tales- Fiction 55/drabble
We all are story lovers and more than that we love to understand the emotions and feelings hidden behind those stories.
All stories carry a message, but how that message works in everyone’s life is yet another story!
Click HERE for more information about A-Z Challenge
Imposter Syndrome-
Impostor syndrome (also known as impostor phenomenon or fraud syndrome) is a concept describing high-achieving individuals who are marked by an inability to internalize their accomplishments and a persistent fear of being exposed as a “fraud”. The term was coined in 1978 by clinical psychologists Pauline R. Clance and Suzanne A. Imes.[1] Despite external evidence of their competence, those exhibiting the syndrome remain convinced that they are frauds and do not deserve the success they have achieved. Proof of success is dismissed as luck, timing, or as a result of deceiving others into thinking they are more intelligent and competent than they believe themselves to be. Some studies suggest that impostor syndrome is particularly common among high-achieving women.[2]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Amber says:

Yes, this devil holds you back from enjoying new things! Actually, I heard of this term recently in a seminar and now it’s quite clear to me. Nice one!

Aha! That’s a nice twist. But sad that she didnt believe in her capabilities and success.

So true… thank you Shilpa

Where are J and K Coffee Time Tales?? Am waiting to read them 🙂

Not happy for breaking the chain, but some sudden engagements needed priority, so had to quit : (
      If possible will continue for sure.
      Thanks dear Shilpa, you’ll always be my fav!
      All the best for your challenge!

Oh, that’s so sad, Sheela. Will miss you, but life comes first. Hope all’s ok. Take care and see you on your blog soon 🙂

All ok … thanks a lot Shilpa!

4. I’m sorry that you had to quit the challenge. I’m looking forward to reading more of these coffee time tales. So glad I came across your blog today. 😊